Wrinkles are a natural part of the aging process. They occur most frequently in areas exposed to the sun, such as the face, neck, back of the hands and forearms. Over time, skin gets thinner, drier and less elastic. Ultimately, this causes wrinkles – either fine lines or deep furrows. In addition to sun exposure, premature aging of the skin is associated with smoking, heredity and skin type (higher incidence among people with fair hair, blue-eyes and light skin).
Treatment for wrinkles may include from topical creams and moisturizers to cosmetic procedures. The most common medical treatments are:
- Alpha-hydroxy acids, preparations made from “fruit acids” that produce subtle improvements in the appearance of wrinkles.
- Antioxidants, creams consisting of Coffee Berry Extract, Vitamins A, C and E and beta-carotene that improves the appearance of wrinkles and provides some additional sun protection.
- Moisturizers, which temporarily reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Retinoids (Vitamin A Derivatives), which helps alleviate some of the signs of aging, including mottled pigmentation (e.g., liver spots), roughness and wrinkling.
Skin Tightening cosmetic procedures we provide include:
- Chemical Peels
- ReFirme™ ST (Radio frequency)
The Refirme Skin Tightning procedure, via wrinkle reduction, features elōs technology that enables you to comfortably achieve a more youthful, tightened and lifted appearance without enduring downtime. The combined Bi-polar Radio Frequency and Light energies of elōs technology precisely heat the dermal tissue within the target area. This stimulates collagen production and produces a firming effect in lax skin. Fine wrinkles are reduced, noticeable lifting can be observed and the texture of your skin becomes more smooth and elastic.
The best prevention for wrinkles is to keep the skin moisturized and use sunscreen and sunblock to prevent additional damage from the sun.