Kybella® (deoxycholic acid) injection is the first and only FDA-approved prescription nonsurgical treatment that is used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called, “double chin.” Submental fullness, sometimes referred to as “double chin”, is a common yet undertreated facial aesthetic condition. It can impact a broad range of adults, including both men and women, and can be influenced by several factors such as aging, genetics and weight gain, and is often resistant to diet and exercise alone.
If you’re bothered by submental fullness, you’re not alone. According to a 2014 survey conducted by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS):
- 68% of people said they’re bothered by under-the-chin fullness, or double chin.
- People are just as bothered by under-the-chin fullness as they are by lines and wrinkles around and under their eyes.
- Non-surgical option with little to no downtime.
- Kybella® causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
- Once the desired aesthetic response is achieved with Kybella® retreatment is not expected.
- Kybella® (deoxycholic acid) injection is the first and only FDA-approved nonsurgical treatment that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness.
How It Works
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath your chin, KYBELLA® causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. You and your doctor will decide how many treatments you need. Once the desired aesthetic response is achieved with KYBELLA®, retreatment is not expected.
Kybella® has been the focus of a global clinical development program involving over 20 clinical studies with more than 2,600 patients worldwide, of which over 1,600 have been treated with Kybella®. It is not known if Kybella® is safe and effective in children less than 18 years of age, nor is it known if Kybella® is safe and effective for use outside of the submental area.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements. Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take a medicine that prevents the clotting of your blood (antiplatelet or anticoagulant medicine), or if you have an infection in the area you want treated.
Get Started Today!
Diminish your frustrations and double chin easily without surgery! Contact us to make an appointment, purchase directly from our store, or visit the Kybella® website to get more information and answers to some frequently asked questions.